- No design limitations on momentary contact switch configuration.
- Aesthetics – can be multi-color combination with legends in any color.
- Tactile feedback & linear feel optional.
- Backlighting keypad design using laser ethching
- Contamination proof: due to its physical construction and electrical characteristics, silicone rubber keypads can be free from dust, and it easy isolates contamination.
Special color inks on rubber key-tops guarantee high resistance to corrosion, abrasion and contamination by greases, oil solvents, chemical products and discoloration.
Printec manufactures a wide range of custom Silicone Rubber Keypads that provide our customers with non-toxic, elastic long-lasting and dependable products. Our capabilities include:
- Multicolored keypads
- A wide range of durometers
- Dual durometers keys
- Screen printing
- Laser etching
- Robust coatings
- Plastic key caps
- Dual shot plastic keys
- Chroming capabilities
- A wide variety of shorting pad concepts
Printed Carbon 1,000
Carbon Pill 200 Ohms
Printed Carbon ≤ to 1 million
Carbon Pill ≥ to 1 million
Typically a carbon or gold/nickel plate over copper is recommended if the circuitry is on a printed circuit board. The carbon will have a higher contact resistance with improved immunity to extremely corrosive environments.
Typical nomenclature is applied to the key with various methodologies. Standard printing will meet 250,000 to 500,000 finger activations, before showing signs of wear. To increase cycle life, overcoats can be added. This will increase the life to 1,000,000 activations. In correlating this to the Norman abrasion tester, this will exceed 500 cycles at 500 grams of force.
Legend colors are matched to Pantone Colors with a tolerance of +/- 1 shade. There are printing limitations on the distance between the legend and key edge:
- Silk Screen .5mm minimum from edge of key
- Convex Surface 20mm minimum key radius
- Concave Surface 30mm minimum key radius